Feb 14, 2007

Valentine's

Another one of the most commercialized occasions for lovers and those inlove. I think I'd rather talk about something else than talk about Valentine's. Too much has been put to it already and I'm growing quite sick and tired of it. Same as what I feel whenever Christmas and New Year comes.

Well, I've read an interesting passage from Anne Rice which says:

When we are weary, we speak lovingly of dreams as if they embodied our true
desires - what we would have when that which we do have so
sorely dissapoints us.

Interesting comment from a gothic novelist...So what does it mean? That dreams are what we would rather have instead what we do have? That dreams are what feeds malcontent?

Or are dreams a product of what we want to become, of things we long for yet we cannot have? Or is it the beacon of hope which makes us strive harder?

No comments: