Mar 12, 2007

Sometimes They Come Back

There are places I remember all my life
Though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remains
Although I'll never ever lose affection
Of lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I love them all...

Whenever someone related or close to me passes away, I can't help but be a little nostalgic about certain things in the past. Being an emotional and sentimental person that I am, I can't possibly avoid these feeling of reminiscing the past particularly when I come back at certain place or hear a certain song. There are certain songs that I could relate to and it still triggers memories of people who've become a part of my life. And although I know that these songs weren't composed or sung by me, I still dedicate some of it (in whole or in part) to those people.

In life, I learned that there may be some people who've become a part of your past from long ago but there will come a time that you will meet them again. Depending on what kind of separation you had with that person, will determine what will be your reaction when you see them again. I'm not a perfect person. And although I've been hurt by people, I admit that I have also hurt someone or some people from my past. If given the chance, I still want to see them again so I could apologize for the way I treated them. As for those who have hurt me, I wish them well and hope that if we meet again, it will be in a better circumstance than from the way we've separated.

Life is continuous process. There is no such person who gets stuck up in a moment. No matter how happy you are or how badly you got hurt, you have to move on. Everything in life is so fleeting that whatever you have right now may not be with you the next moment. I've read somewhere that when a person gets hurt, he will need a time or period to grieve before the soul could go on to the next phase. In grieving, it still depends on the person when he decides to himself to stop grieving and move on. So no matter how short or how long the grieving period depends entirely to you. I think it is the same with happiness...it depends on you how long you could make it last.

My favorite cousin's advice: "go on and cry. give yourself a week. yes, it will hurt for now but after that move on. when everything's in the past, you will reminisce that day and you will only laugh about it thinking how stupid you looked crying like a fool over a silly matter which isn't worth a tear for..." I hope I could say the same to you, cuz. Just be strong and know that no matter what happens, I'll be here.

No comments: