Apr 19, 2008

Stress Out!

It is our third week in Transition Q at Dell. I'm beginning to be stressed out, not with the volume of calls (we're only expected to receive 11 calls per 8-hour shift) but with the kind of customers I'm speaking to. Hah, who says that sitting 8 hours with phone in hand and a desktop system in front of you is an easy job? Being in customer service, you will hear lots of complaints and out-of-this-world requests from demanding customers. Especially if you're a CSA for a multi-national company like ours.

Today's shift has taken it's toll on me. My first caller immediately asked for a manager, the second one is a dissatisfied customer while the third one requested for a credit return. And that's just in the first half of the day. However, I received an email from a customer whom I assisted a few days earlier that really made my day! His email goes:

I wanted to let you know that I received the Dell SC430 server today! I was very surprised that you were able to expedite the production and shipment. This will allow us to deliver our projects on time and avoid working late hours on Tuesday 

As a small IT services business, I rely on Dell’s equipment to deliver practical solutions to my customers. Your desire to help beyond a normal customer services protocol helped my business tremendously. It will allow me to continue providing great service to my customers on time.

You are a great asset to your team and company. Bottomline: because of your great service, Dell was able to keep the order (ie revenue), kept your customer base instead of looking for alternatives like HP! It’s amazing how someone like you can simply turn a very frustrated customer into a happy customer. Your professionalism is much appreciated, definitely a great asset for the company!


Oh, well! That really kept me going the rest of the day, although my team mates are teasing me that the customer might be a relative from the US. Hehe.

Relaxation after a heavy week! Zambales here I come!!!

No comments: