Jun 30, 2008

A Thousand News

These are two of the major news over the weekend:

*** Bill Gates exits Microsoft ***
*** Manny Pacquiao defeats Diaz - captures WBC lightweight championship crown ***

At least, iba naman ang headline...hindi yung puro victims ng Sulpicio or rising cost of commodities, fuel or electricity charges...

Eto pa pala: lumuwag daw ang traffic sa Metro Manila dahil konti na lang sa mga kababayan ang nagko-kotse dahil sa taas ng gas. Tsk, tsk! Good news ba 'to o bad news?!?

==============================

I've had the chance of watching Rome the series from Season 1 to 2 (DVD marathon na naman over the weekend). I've been looking for it since last year but then no one seems to know about it. Mas sikat pa rin ang CSI, Heroes at Supernatural dito sa 'Pinas kesa sa period series na ito. Given my passion for epic novels, no wonder I was attracted to this EPIC series. Superb casts, excellent acting and great costumes made this a memorable series. My recent acquisition is The Tudors Season I, capturing the life of King Henry VIII although I haven't started it yet. It was produced by the same production outfit who gave us The L Word which means there will be lots of, uhm, sexy scenes in it (hindi ko alam kasi hindi ko pa naumpisahan).

No comments: