Dec 11, 2006

Thanks, Cousin...

So after ng masalimuot na weekend ko, I've learned na marami na pala talaga ako'ng friends! Hehe! Received plenty of text messages from people na hindi ko talaga ini-expect na magiging concern saken...Well, sa office kasi I'm considered "one of the boys" and nagiging ka-berks ko yung mga makukulit na guys dun. Imagine yung mga pa-macho na yun na nagti-text saken, asking me how I was. Somehow, nakaka-touch rin at nakakapag-pangiti saken.

Nag-out na rin ako sa cousin ko nung Saturday! Hehe! Ganito naging takbo ng conversation namin habang nasa cab kami (he on his way to Rockwell Tent and me going to Cubao)...

him: Ate, sino'ng kausap mo? Parang may kaaway ka, ah!
me: Wala.
him: Okay lang kung ayaw mo sabihin.
me: (after several minutes of silence) If I tell you, I would have to tell you everything...
him: If you can't tell me, then don't...
me: (hesitated a moment) Cuz, do you have any idea what I am?
him: Ate, I've in the call center industry for several years now. I see lots of different kinds of people and I understand them...I'm not judgmental so it's okay.
me: Okay, good... And do you have any idea that I had a g2g relationship before?
him: I 've heard rumors but I don't listen to them unless it came from straight from the horse's mouth...
me: Okay...

So I told him everything. Made me feel good. Even cried on his shoulder. Later that night, I received a text message from him which I really took to heart:

Sometimes, things don't work out the way you want them to no matter how
hard you've tried. Life is like the sea and you are the fisherman. Even the best
fisherman using the best bait can't catch a fish if the fish simply refuse to
bite. In other words, if it's not for you, then it's not for you. Don't force it
all up. Sometimes, you just have to let destiny take its course and accept the
sordid fact that, in life, some things are just not meant to be...But keep
sailing. The best is yet to come...

Naalala ko tuloy yung prayer na nabasa ko from an unknown author. I always remember it if things does not happen the way I want it. It says: "If you choose, O Lord, not to will my desires, it is only because You are teaching me to long for something better...You have never given me second-best..."

No comments: