Sep 24, 2008

physically off

it was the first time that i joined a DIS' community service activity last saturday. since i transferred to DIS last february, i wanted so much to join the community service but my schedule won't allow me. aside from that, i hated going without anyone i know. last saturday, i had two other team mates with me, thus, i happily signed up for it. we were supposed to help repaint a building of QCHS. we arrived there a bit late as we belong to the second batch of helpers, thus, instead of repainting, we were assigned to sweep the school quadrangle. this, i found out, is no easy task because it's been a long time since i a house backyard let alone a school quadrangle! i'm sweeping right in the middle of QCHS quadrangle at 9AM. we swept the ground for about an hour and i realized then how physically unfit i was because during lunch, my left hand was shaking. imagine my embarassment bringing food to my mouth with the spoon shaking?

the rest of the weekend was spent with my family in kalookan. on monday morning, i asked my older sister if we could go to balintawak market to purchase veggies. she happily obliged but what i didn't realize is that balintawak market is famous for its bulk orders. by the time i remembered that, it was too late to back out. so we ended up buying several kilos of talong, ampalaya, kalabasa, sitaw, etc. we decided to just walk back from the market to the tricycle terminal and being a gentlewoman, i carried the bigger shopping bag. by the time we got the footbridge, i was heavily perspiring and barely able to catch my breath. when we got home, my sister kept teasing me about it saying that i lost several pounds of weight because of that "carrying" activity.

based on those two activities, i've come to realize how physically unfit i am. i asked my cousin if he'd like to be my badminton buddy but he couldn't do it as our schedules won't match. i've been looking for a badminton buddy here in the office and hopefully i could find someone whom i can play with even for just once a week. my mother is urging me to enroll to a gym (DIS employees have discount with fitness first) but i don't want to stretch my muscles doing that. so as long as i haven't found a badminton buddy, i'm afraid i'll continue to suffer...tsk tsk.

No comments: