Sep 19, 2008

Scary!

I got the biggest scare 30 minutes after having lunch at work. I admit I haven't been watchful of my food intake despite the fact that my waistline keeps growing for the past several months. I always thought it was a good thing because compared to my body frame six months ago, my build is starting to grow (horizontally speaking).

However, last night, 30 minutes after having lunch of grilled liempo, one and a half cup of rice and buttered tofu and mushroom, I suddenly felt dizzy to a point that I no longer want to raise my head anymore. High blood is a common disease among employees doing the graveyard shift so I'm quite scared at that point, realizing that I wouldn't want to be branded as another high-blooded employee.

So I asked permission to go to the clinic and have my blood pressure checked. The nurse is quite understanding of my situation and immediately took my BP. She said it's still normal (at 120/70) but she asked when I had my last eye check up. I answered last year and added that I hadn't changed the grade of my lenses. She recommended that I go see a doctor as the headache may have been caused by incorrect eye grade. Now I'm more scared because there's a very big chance that my performance bonus will go towards purchasing a new pair of eyeglasses. *sigh*

No comments: