Sep 9, 2006

Sleepless

I just couldn't seem to get a good night's sleep for more than two weeks now. Perhaps I was thinking of so many things or maybe I am into what other's call "Quarter Life Crisis".

Hah! Quarter Life Crisis, indeed! For all I know, I'm just drinking too much strong coffee in the morning kaya hindi ko makuha ang tulog ko sa gabi...Yes, perhaps that's the reason!

Last night, I woke up again at past 12:00MN. It was the earliest . I normally wake up at around 1-2AM (normally...coz it's been that way for almost three weeks already).

I remained awake in my bed and stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. I didn't really thought of anything nor did I attempt to stand up. After a while, I changed position and closed my eyes in an attempt to catch sleep. It didn't work. In fact, it just made me think of things which I didn't want to think anymore.

At this point, I decided to stand up and I turned on the lights. I wanted to continue reading "A Time To Kill" but I couldn't seem to understand the words. After two chapters, I put the novel down and pulled my blanket. Suddenly, without warning, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, on to my hair and into my pillow.

Darn it! Is it possible to cry for no apparent reason? Or am I starting to be soft-hearted already? What was I really thinking of? Or should I ask who?

I think I quietly cried for about five minutes. There was a song that was playing in my head and I'm not sure if the song was what triggered the tears.

Mercifully, my eyes seemed to have grown weary of the tears. I felt my eyelids closing, slowly. It seemed like it has a life of it's own.

This should not go on. I must find a way to sleep...I must.

No comments: