Nov 20, 2006

I'm Coming Out

Well, it's not exactly my idea of coming out. I woke up very early on Sunday morning and despite my effort to go back to sleep, hindi ko magawa. So, I decided to get up from bed. My father was already up as I heard Matt Monro crooning on the radio. I went to the kitchen and fixed myself a cup of coffee. Then, I joined my father on the sofa. We sat there on companionable silence for sometime. Something was really going on thru my mind and I guess, I just needed to blurt it out. So we had a brief conversation, really brief....

Me: Pa...?
Him: Ano? Mag-aasawa ka na?
Me: No. Inlove pa lang...
Him: (patted me at the back and ginulo ang buhok ko) it's okay...that's okay.
Me: But what if...
Him: What?
Me: What if I've fallen inlove with another girl?
Him: (stared at me incredelously) No. You know that can't be. It's against everything we believe in.

After that, he went silent. Lost in thought. Then, he stood up and left me.

All day yesterday, I waited for my mother to confront me (my father never hides anything from her). But nobody asked me about what took place that morning. I guess, my father has opted to forget about it. I don't know. I don't want to assume and I don't want to think about it.

I like Philippine Idol's episode last night. It was cute (imagine Pow Chavez wearing a dress on national television!). Hehe! Natawa talaga ako nung nakita ko syang naka-bestida at polka dots pa ha?! Anyway, Lea Salonga was there as the guest judge and I think she made a fine job of it. Very insightful yung comments nya although pansin ko, medyo partial sya kay Gian (she mentioned that she knew him). I just hope Pow won't get voted out yet. Marami na syang fans and even Lea liked her. I like her, too! I think she's the epitome of what lesbians and gays are trying to achieve (kaya siguro maraming bumoboto). Yung acceptance and recognition ng society. Sana maka-abot sya kahit sa Top Three lang...

No comments: