Nov 4, 2006

On The Receiving End

  • I received a call from a member the other day and she was asking me why she couldn't find our website. Apparently, she's been using the wrong URL, thus, she couldn't get into our homepage. So I gave her the address of our company's new website. Then, she asked her log in ID and password. I gave it to her as well after viewing her profile in my computer. Afterwards, she inquired how she could log on into her Personal Information Website (By this time, it's becoming clear to me that the caller is not used to computers.) So I told her that she just need to type her member ID number and password on the space provided therein but she told me she couldn't find it. I asked her to describe what she see on her monitor and she gave it to me. She insisted that she can't see any space on which she could type her member ID and password. I asked her to scroll down on the page and she gave a hearty laugh then apologized that her secretary is not around to assist her (By this time, I'm becoming exasperated already coz we've been talking for over 20 minutes already and the entire time was spent in instructing her on how to log in!). Good thing the caller is so "malambing" and kept apologizing to me. I somehow felt guilty coz she may have felt my exasperation over the phone. I said it was okay and when I ended the call, I told her to call me back should she have anymore problem. I was thinking, this would be the kind of calls that I'd receive should I transfer to eTelecare where I have a pending application. I am currently preparing myself for the change of environment. No wonder, they say that it is so stressing to become a call center agent. Well, pag naka-receive ka ng ganung call, hindi ba stressing naman talaga?!
  • I got a birthday card from my lola from the Land Down Under. She's one of the first few people who already greeted me for my birthday. Come to think of it, she always send a birthday card for my birthday every year! Call me old-fashioned but I always find greeting cards and snail mails more sweeter than receiving emails or text messages. Tingin ko kasi mas malaking effort ang binibigay ng sender pag ganun plus its kinda more personal since you will have to literally write your message on it. I will have to remind myself to send a Thank You card for my lola sometime next week. Hehe, gaya kasi sya nung member namin na hindi rin sanay gumamit ng computer *grin*.
  • I received a sound advise from my bestfriend last night. Masama daw pakiramdam nya but she asked if we could meet so I could edit her report for their departmental meeting today. After doing that, we talked about our personal lives and she inquired about my lovelife (as if meron). Later, she told me: "Tol, i-suppress mo muna ang feelings mo sa ngayon. Baka kasi masaktan ka sa bandang huli. Sinasabi ko 'to kasi kaibigan kita. Wag ka muna magpakalunod sa nararamdaman mo. Wag ka muna pumunta sa five feet (comparing my feelings to a swimming pool), dun ka muna sa one or two feet. Magtampisaw ka muna dun. Baka malunod ka sa malalim at mahirapan ka na makaahon. Ikaw din..."

No comments: