Nov 16, 2006

The New Year

Hah! Finally, I'm back! I miss going in here and posting my thoughts. Hehe. The truth of the matter is, hindi ako makapag-post sa office kasi naka-block ang site na ito kaya kahit gustong-gusto ko mag-update for the past week, hindi ko magawa.

Yesterday? Birthday ko. Nothing fancy there. Just had dinner with my friends. Honestly, I didn't enjoy it as much as I would like to. Partly because my heart wasn't really in it. Well, don't get me wrong. I enjoy spending time with my friends but last night? Parang tinamad akong hindi ko maintindihan. I guess, it must have shown kasi nagyaya silang umuwi ng maaga. Hindi ko na rin pinigilan so they dropped me off sa bahay. At itong si Pia? HIndi ko alam na meron din palang sense of humor itong bestfriend kong ito...She handed me a Coke in can after I got off from the car and said, "regalo ko sayo, tol..." I got the message and laughed hard for the first time that evening.

Kahapon din, last day ko sa work. Funny how people could be so kind to you when they know you're about to leave plus pinagkakalat pa ni Wines na birthday ko so they were doubly kind to me yesterday. I got plenty of hug and pat on the back which I really appreciate (even got a kiss from Ms Lanie! *grin*). I love those people and I love my job there, really. But the company has been thru financial difficulties for the past three months already. Hindi ko rin alam what made me stay when I've been receiving calls na for job interviews from other companies. Siguro dahil I hate venturing into new and unknown territories. And I have the tendency to stay once I got comfortable with something or someone...I still hadn't made that phone call to eTelecare to schedule an interview (I plan to do so later today).

Everything around me has changed starting today. The new year has come early for me. I have to make the most out of it...
_____________________________

Sycamore: As per your request, here is the text message I composed habang nakatunganga sa labas ng parlor a couple of weeks back...

If fate beckoned that I should meet you, I don't particularly care that I met you just now. I'm just glad that we met when we did, not sooner nor later...Any sooner, I wouldn't have noticed. Any later, I wouldn't have paid attention...

There's a continuation to the message, actually. Read on...

And what scares me more is the thought that this may all be a dream...that I would wake up and realize that you weren't real...that the magic might be gone at any moment...

Then, there's another message I composed as soon as I opened my eyes this morning:

Milestone is what we call of every situation and decision which alter our
life...but did you know that it could also be applied to people who touched our
lives with such an impact that it could never be the same again since we met
that person?...In my life, you are one of it's milestones...

No comments: